This website was last updated on Monday 6th May 2013
The Gender Centre is a Proud Member of The World Professional Association for Transgender Health
Keep up to the minute with Gender Centre news on Twitter and Facebook!
The Gender Centre is proudly supported by the following organisations:
- Information on Kate Bornstein's health and subsequent appeal for financial assistance, and an introduction to the many
articles in Polare 95 including two book reviews and a wealth of information about Harry Crawford, by Polare Editor,
- Book Review: Eugenia, a True Story of Tragedy Crime and Courage
- A review of Eugenia: A True Story of Tragedy Crime and Courage, by Mark Tedeschi, an intriguing account of
the adventures of Harry Crawford, an early twentieth century female-to-male who lived in Sydney, reviewed by Katherine
- Australian Government Guidelines on the Recognition of Gender
- The Australian Government is calling for submissions from interested parties to assist with the formulation of the
Australian Government Guidelines on the Recognition of Sex and Gender, guidelines that are based in part on the Australian
Human Rights Commission's 2009 report The Sex Files
- Speaking Personally
- Marika shares some of her experiences in relation to being privy to "secret women's business" among her
circle of friends, and she also shares her friends' version on the "art" of dating men, by Marika
- The Counsellor's Column
- Gender Centre Counsellor, Anthony Carlino discusses the recent suicide of British school teacher, Lucy Meadows
following bigoted media reports, from one journalist in particular., by Anthony Carlino
- We've All Been There, Go Beyond Blue
- National depression and anxiety organisation, Beyond Blue, have produced this fact sheet which has been compiled
specifically for depression and anxiety issues that concern transgender and intersex people.
- A Personal Commentary on Harry Crawford
- Kerry uses his book club's reading of Eugenia by Mark Tedeschi, to disclose his trans status to other book club
members and responds to some of the questions that flowed from his relevation., by Kerry Behrendt
- Queer 101: Trying to find who I am
- Sam Orchard is a cartoonist and transman from New Zealand. He is the creator of 'Rooster Tails' a highly entertaining
online comic/blog that Sam uses to help him to find out who he is., by Sam Orchard
- F.T.M. Testosterone Injection: A reference guide
to self-injection in 25 easy steps.
- Everything the transman needs to know in twenty-five easy steps, from washing your hands before starting, to disposing
of your needle properly in a sharps container, by Michael Munson,
C.E.O. of Forge.
- Book Review: Flight 404 by Simon Petrie
- Review of a science fiction book that had been recommended to Katherine because it was about a transgender, yet it
turned out that any trans subjects of issues were irrelevant to the main plot., reviewed by Katherine Cummings
- Government Health Care for Intersex, Transsexual, Transgender and Gender Diverse
- Details of the Federal Government's Health Care for Intersex, Transsexual, Transgender and Gender Diverse Australians
in response to the Australian Human Rights Commission's Sex Files report.
Polare is published in Australia by The Gender Centre
Inc. which is funded by the Department of Community Services under the
S.A.A.P. Program and supported by the
N.S.W. Health Department through the
AIDS and Infectious Diseases Branch. Polare provides a
forum for discussion and debate on gender issues. Advertisers are advised that all advertising is their responsibility under
the Trade Practices Act. Unsolicited contributions are welcome, though no guarantee is made by the Editor that they will be
published, nor any discussion entered into. The editor reserves the right to edit such contributions without notification.
Any submission which appears in Polare may be published on our internet site. Opinions expressed in this publication do not
necessarily reflect those of the Editor, The Gender Centre Inc.I, the
Department of Community Services or the N.S.W. Department of Health.